Thursday 28 March 2013

Eric H Lazar Q&A


Your name: 
Eric H Lazar

Where are you from? 
I'm based out of the Sacramento area now, originally from all over California.

Who else is in your band?
I'm a one man band these days. I play all instruments/percussion and do all the vocals

How would you describe yourselves?
Straight up Rock'n'Roll with Classic/Rock, 60's/70's influence mainly, also Americana/Roots music. These days I am more interested in writing/recording than I am playing live. Although I enjoy gigging as well, recording/writing allows me to be transported somewhere else and live performances are too much reality. Steely Dan hardly ever toured either. I have been playing/performing music since I was four years old (piano, flute, guitar, etc.) so at this point it's the only thing I can do half decently.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Grateful Dead, The Band, Clapton, Black Crowes, Gourds, Old Crow Medicine Show, Pink Floyd, Gillian Welch/Dave Rawlings, Allman Brothers, etc.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I'm 40, so my dream of signing with major labels and all that comes with it is long gone. Would just like people to check it out and hopefully appreciate it. Buy a few songs here and there. The social media phenomenon is great in some ways, but has left me a little in the dark about how to sell your music online (without touring, live shows, etc.). It seems I was able to keep up about 5 years ago, so any feedback would be great.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
Playing for some great crowds for the past 20 years or so. Opening for David Gans was fun. Doing a pre-event for Journey (which is odd because I'm not a huge Journey fan, but it's a paycheck!)

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
All the bars we played that had three people including the bartender, waitress and doorman.

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
Tough one. I have a few different styles. Politics of Old, The Lion's Roar, Winter Lullaby, Silverspoon, I'm Your Human Being are all different styles varying from Blues/Rock to  more of a watery melodic style. I also have quite a few instrumentals on each album. 

Where can we listen to it? 


Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask? 
I'm a prolific songwriter that covers a few different styles, yet all within the same mould. Fans of Classic/Rock influenced music would appreciate it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment