Thursday 30 May 2013

Ex-teacher's debut album - at 62

A FORMER drama teacher has released his debut album - at the age of 62.

It had been the lifelong dream of Rob Green, from Ontario, Canada, to perform his original music on stage with a live band.

He has not only achieved that aim, but also put out the album Soul Dancing.

He said: "While I was a drama teacher for 37 years, I met many talented people who have crossed my path. Many of them have surfaced to help me fulfill this dream. 

"Terry Crawford spent three years recording the material, while people like Mike Trebilcock (Killjoys) and Sharon Musgrave (William Orbit) contributed so much musically. Countless others selflessly gave their time and energy. 37 years of history was infused into one record, and I’ll always be grateful for the opportunity.

"This album was truly a labour of love, a project that I can strike off my bucket list knowing I truly accomplished what I dreamt of doing."

The album can be streamed at http://robgreenmusic.bandcamp.com/ or you can have a listen below.

No comments:

Post a Comment