Wednesday 28 August 2013

My Misspent Youth Q&A

Your name: Finn Solemdal.

Where are you from?
Bergen, Norway.

Name of band:
My Misspent Youth.

Who else is in your band?
Stig Blindheim-Hansen, Terje Tjervaag, Elisabeth Hatlenes Julton, Marius Mathisen.

How would you describe yourselves?
Completely addicted to music. Without it, life would be useless.

Who are your main influences musically?
PJ Harvey, Pixies, Breeders, Sliversun Pickups, Sonic Youth, Tool and a bunch of other bands.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Make music that I’m happy with myself. A big bonus if someone else also likes it,
and great if we get some good reviews, airplay and get to do some gigs.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Releasing the Colours Gone Cold album was hard work, but so satisfying when it was
done, and to play the songs live at our release party was magic! 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
A lot of bad stuff has happened, but I try to focus on the positive stuff.

If you had to choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Very hard question, but I think the title track, «Colours Gone Cold», is a track that has some key
My Misspent Youth elements, but then again so does a lot of the other songs as well.
I think it’s our strength that our songs sounds different from each other, but still sounds like MMY.

Where can we listen to it?

Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say that I forgot to ask?
See us in Glasgow on October 25th, and Edinburgh the 26th. We’re also hoping to get more gigs in the UK next year. Thanks for getting in touch, and we would love to hear from music lovers out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment