Sunday 22 December 2013

Nina Yasmineh Q&A

Your name: 
Nina Yasmineh.

Where are you from?
Originally from Minneapolis, MN and now living in Brooklyn.

How would you describe yourself?
A singer-songwriter who makes darkly romantic, ethereal indie pop.

Who are your main influences musically?
Hard to choose just a few but Florence + the Machine, Ellie Goulding and Corinne Bailey Rae have been pretty strong influences for me over the last couple of years.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I mean, I wouldn't mind winning a Grammy at some point down the road but mainly I just want to continue putting out music, to always be improving and moving forward and to have more and more people hear and like the music I'm making.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Probably making the Seven Years EP and having it receive such positive reviews- I wrote, recorded and produced the EP by myself without any real prior producing experience so to have it actually end up sounding the way I originally heard it in my head and to have so many people like it was very gratifying.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Well, I don't have any horror stories but there were a few rather embarrassing performance mishaps that happened earlier on when I was just starting out, dropped picks and things like that, that still occasionally make me cringe...

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
"Seven Years", the title track off the EP- It's sort of like my mission statement in terms of my vision for myself and my music and the heavy keyboard, mystical synth vibes are a good representation of the overall sound of the EP.

Where can we listen to it?




Where can we find out more about your music?


No comments:

Post a Comment