Friday 22 August 2014

Magner Tales Q&A

Band name:
Magner Tales. The word "tales" in the name can be read both a noun and a verb. Like this :)

Where are you from? I'm from Russia, Saint-Petersburg. It's rainy town with kind people.

Who is in your band? Hm... let's think... me, and me, and me, and Cubase. Me on guitar, me on keyboards, me on bass guitar, me on vocals, Cubase just plays all I do :)

How would you describe yourself? I don't like to describe myself, so I let others do it. I may only say, that I am enthusiastic and easy.

Who are your main influences musically?
I list some of: David Sylvian, The Blue Nile, Jane Siberry, Tinavie (Russian band), Joni Mitchell, Kimbra, Emery, some Japan music like "Anzen Chitai – Suki sa". Is it enough?

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I want to sing to people my stories, my thoughts. I want my songs to touch souls of people and I want to be popular at least as well as The Blue Nile. There is relatively small percentage of people in the world who love them. Think, these achievements are the best for an artist or a band.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
When I realize that people do love my oeuvre. Besides the music, I write poems (most in Russian, but I'm working on translation), so I'm a kinda poet. Maybe, it sounds funny but, yes, I write poems, and do it well. At least, it seems to me so, ha-ha :)

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
There are no moments I want to forget. Every second is important and precious, every moment is experience.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I'd represent one of the songs from an album that I working on, because it's fresh and interesting. By the way, I will release a single from an album soon, so stay in touch!

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say that I forgot to ask?
Just a short poem. It's called "Be my dream".

Be my genuine vivid dream, be as the air or a glint of a snow. Be full of stars, be a vernal stream, a secret of seas with no visible coasts.

Be as a swan in the morning sky colored in sapphire of purest sample; swan that falls in a dawn of July, falls as a dew is slightly trembling.

Be as a spotted gracious bobcat or a mirage not similar to you.

Be my effortless frequent dream.

Is it a trouble for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment