Saturday 27 September 2014

Amber Dee Q&A

Your name: 
Amber Dee.

Where are you from? 
Currently residing in the beautiful city of Bath, UK.

How would you describe yourself? 
Musically? I write in a kind of pop/folk style, my music’s quite chilled out, a bit like me I guess!

Who are your main influences musically? 
Ooh, now that’s a tricky one! I like to think rather than just taking influence from one or two artists/bands, I take little bits of inspiration from a lot of them. Fleetwood Mac, Florence & The Machine, Lucy Rose, Findlay, Nina Nesbitt, Lianne La Havas…to name a few. Quite a mix!

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
My main goal is to be happy, music makes me happy. So being able to make a living out of music, on whatever scale, is what I’m aiming to do forever and ever…please?

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
The release of my latest EP was pretty special for me. Without a label, management or anything my friends all came together to help me, I had someone doing web design, my other friend produced the whole EP, got a band together, another friend did all the photography for the EP artwork and the event… On the night I could hear people singing along and everyone sat cross legged in front of the stage for an encore, which the venue said had never happened before! It was pretty cool.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
As cheesy as it may sound, I don’t want to forget any of it! Even if things don’t always go to plan, I’ve gotten pretty good at coming up with a rapid plan B!

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
I think my favourite so far would have to be Panic. I wrote the song about 2 years before recording it, it means a lot to me and I wanted to be sure of it before letting it go!

Where can we listen to it? 


Where can we find out more about your music?
Official website: http://www.amberdeemusic.com

Anything else you’d like to say that I forgot to ask? 
If you like my music, check out the Tour tab on my website to see when I’m playing live near you! For any other questions, remember, I’m only a tweet away!

No comments:

Post a Comment