Thursday 20 November 2014

Cooper Phillip Q&A

Your name:    
Cooper Phillip.

Where are you from? 
Moscow, Russia (now living in Los Angeles).

How would you describe yourself and your music? 
I would love to tell you how much of a diva I am, but the truth is I am very humble, down to earth, and full of joy. I of course have my diva moments as any good songwriter and performer should, but I truly love music and what I do. Through the use of live instrumentals including the piano and guitar I create soulful pop music with urban elements.  

Who are your main influences musically?
I started out as a classically-trained musician. I love Tchaikovsky, Italian opera, and the symphony. Because of this my songwriting is classically influenced. More current influences are Stevie Wonder, Kim Burrell, Beyonce, Whitney Houston, and Mariah Carey. 

What do you hope to achieve in music?  
My goal is to positively influence the world around me through the telling of my personal journey which has included both struggles and joys. Being on stage, in front of adoring fans, is exhilarating and inspiring. It fills my heart with joy to be able to connect with my fans which makes me feel successful. I think my fans can relate to my story which makes their connection with me stronger. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?  
The highlight of my career thus far has been the release of my first music video Silence, of which I wrote. It was directed by Scott Nathan, a notable celebrity photography and videographer. It was made even more special to me because it was his debut music video. You can check it out here: http://youtu.be/ridtVPymxaI

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
There aren't any moments I would want to forget as even the hardest moments were learning opportunities. We are the sum of our experiences and I would never want to change the person I am today. 

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Silence without a doubt as it tells the story of me becoming a stronger woman and better human being. As I said before, I have always been connected to the piano on a very deep level and this song was my ballad to the world. 

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music?
Instagram: cooperphillip
Twitter: cooperphillip1

No comments:

Post a Comment