Thursday 25 February 2016

Marshall Q&A

Your name:
Marshall.

Where are you from?
Originally from North Carolina, USA - but now I live in Nashville, TN.

How would you describe yourself and your music?
I'm a simple guy with a big heart and a lot of life experience. I would describe my music in a similar fashion as it is a direct reflection of my life experiences.

Who are your main influences musically?
I listen to a lot of different styles of music and always have. I grew up on The Doobie Brothers, Chicago, Garth Brooks, Travis Tritt, Van Halen, Toto, the list is endless!

What do you hope to achieve in music?
It would be nice to be on a big stage with a big show and be on big tours, but I measure success by how well my music connects with people, and so far - by the response I'm getting from fans and the public - I think I'm doing well.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
The release of my current EP Sinners and Saints (available on my website in hardcopy only at this time). It's a heartfelt work that has come from the deepest emotional times in my life, I couldn't ask for a better highlight than that.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
One of the after show parties I attended ... oh boy what a crazy night that was.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
"Tailspin" - it's an uptempo song that makes you want to dance, but if you listen to the lyrics it will make you think.  

Where can we listen to it? 



Where can we find out more about your music? 

Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?
I'm the principle writer on all of the material on my EP, so you're getting a glimpse of my heart when you're listening to my songs. I think when listeners hear my unique style of country, and distinctive voice, they're going to enjoy it and when they read my lyrics, they will understand something genuine, honest, and profound about me, or maybe even about themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment