Wednesday 17 August 2016

Owleye Q&A

Your name:
David.

Where are you from? 
Denver, Colorado.

Name of band: 
Owleye.

Who else is in your band? Tim, Brad, Frank and Dave.

How would you describe yourselves? 
This question is always hard. I think, I am a very humble and honest person.

Who are your main influences musically? 
I would say Joe Pass. But honestly any musician that pays with a heart.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
To make music a career. But most importantly share my story through my passion and hope it helps anyone as much as it helps me by playing it. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
I would say releasing new music then play a show a week later and have the crowd/fans sing along. That is still something I think will never not make me smile on stage. It is a very deep feeling having a room sing/scream along to our songs. Its kind of like showing your insecurities to someone and having them accept you for who you are. No words can describe it.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
None. Either its good or bad. Mistakes or not they are memories. We are all human and we all makes mistakes but they don't define who we are.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
I would say our song Cycles, which is our last track on our EP No Wounds that came out in the beginning of April. Why? Because its about loosing someone that has made an impact on our lives that are no longer with us and reflecting on the lessons they taught us or memories we shared. To moving on to making it a positive outlook on it. The song has a lot of emotions in it and people can feel it, which makes me happy.

Where can we listen to it? 
https://youtu.be/gEsXQyfoHNQ

Where can we find out more about your music?
Any social media http://www.owleyeofficial.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment